Core Box Vents
We offer the widest range of popular core-box vents. Most are available in Imperial and Metric sizes.
Scroll through our selection for more detail.
When looking for a particular size/style, please call us for availability and pricing.
Brass – Type D, Slotted Core Vents
0.93 Head Thickness
This slotted-style vent is machined from solid brass and is available with a 0.93 head thickness for flat and contour surfaces. Sold in bags of 100 vents.
Steel – Type C, Slotted Core Vents
Steel Body (100/Pkg)
0.93 Head Thickness (except where noted)
This slotted-style vent is machined from steel and is used in flat and contour surfaces. Sold in bags of 100 vents.
Aluminum – Type AD, Slotted Core Vents
Aluminum Body (100/Pkg)
This slotted-style, aluminum vent is particularly well-suited for use in aluminum molds used in making patterns and styrofoam packaging. Also available with a non-stick coating. Please call us for details. Sold in bags of 100 vents.
Shalco Super Vents Core Vents
Shalco Super Vents are self-cleaning and feature an opening rate of more than 43%. Using these vents will solve the problem of clogging which can affect the continuous operation of a core molding machine during no-bake molding. The 43% opening rate (compared to an average of 13% for slotted vents and 30% for screen vents) results in more effective and efficient venting. THese vents offer a slot width of 0.010″
Brass – Type K, Screen Core Vents
Brass Body (100/Pkg)
24, 30, 35, 40 and 50 Mesh
This brass body vent offers a high venting area with a monel (corrosion resistant, nickel-copper alloy) screen. Sizes 1/2″ diameter and larger have supporting bars. Available in 24, 35, 50 and 50 mesh. Other lengths are available upon request. Sold in bags of 100 vents.
Vilsum Nylon Core Vents
Vilsum Nylon Vents are injection molded for high precision. Available from 6mm to 20mm in diameter and a slot width of 0.4mm, these vents provide a ‘non-stick’ surface combined with the toughness of nylon. Ideal for medium to high pressure molding, they are highly recommended for use in blow squeeze machines, v-process, and with cold box and CO2 sand systems. Available in metric and imperial options.
Our core box air release vents are now sold in full bag quantities (100 vents/bag)
Samdo Sintered Vents
Gravity, Low Pressure/Vacuum Casting & Die Casting Applications
Samdo Sintered Vents provide an innovative way to decrease molding defects while improving venting efficiency.
Samdo Sintered vents are inserted into molding dies to assure sound castings. They allow the escape of gas and prevent the passage of smelt.
– permanent mold gravity castings of aluminum alloys (pore dia. 0.5mm)
– permanent mod low pressure (or vacuum) casting of aluminum alloys (pore dia. 0.3mm)
– plastic injection molding diameter (0.03 – 0.1mm)
– filtering apparatus
– flow rate controlling systems
– high venting efficiency (porosity rates are 5-30 times higher than ordinary venting plugs)
– reduces casting defects (drastic decrease of pin hole, mis-run and gas run defects)
– high casting productivity (fast and easy exchange of venting plugs, easy cleaning of molding dies)
– long durability (reduced replacement of venting plugs)
– works in all types of injection molding applications
– custom-made (pore sizes range from .03 to .5mm; length and diameter of vent to meet your needs